Orran designs, implements and manages multiple claims resolution programs in a range of sizes and types. He primarily handles the administration of large-scale personal injury and economic loss settlements flowing from product liability, consumer protection and wage and hour matters prosecuted in federal courts as Rule 23 class actions or consolidated as Multidistrict Litigation. After overseeing the build and launch of custom online claims resolution portals tailored to the specific needs of each individual settlement program, Orran fosters the maturation of the claims resolution process by analyzing and acting upon global claims submission and review data, interpreting complex settlement agreement provisions, researching and drafting memoranda to settled parties, settlement neutrals and courts, interfacing with counsel for settled parties and drafting and editing administrable policies to aid the implementation of the parties’ settlement.
Orran joined BrownGreer after practicing in the Product Liability and Mass Torts litigation department at McGuireWoods LLP where he represented primarily national and international product manufacturers in high exposure products liability matters. At McGuireWoods, where he handled cases in both federal and state courts at the trial and appellate levels, Orran’s practice involved various aspects of defense litigation, including drafting and arguing dispositive and non-dispositive motions, taking and defending depositions, managing, drafting and responding to complex discovery, negotiating and drafting settlement agreements and investigating cases and pre-litigation claims. Orran represented several of the world's largest automakers, as well as multinational banking corporations, an international food producer, a home appliance manufacturer, investor-owned utilities and many other corporate clients. In addition to product liability cases, he also handled toxic tort, negligence, regulatory, criminal and commercial matters.
Orran also previously served as a law clerk to the late Honorable United States District Judge Richard L. Williams of the Eastern District of Virginia, Richmond Division.
Education & Honors
- University of Virginia School of Law, Charlottesville, Virginia, J.D., May 2009
- Virginia Journal of Sports & Entertainment Law, Editorial Board Member
- University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Virginia, B.A., Foreign Affairs, Minor in History, May 2005
- Law Clerk to the Honorable Richard L. Williams, United States District Court, Eastern District of Virginia, Richmond, Virginia, 2009 – 2010
- Virginia, 2009
- United States Court of Appeals for the 4th Circuit, 2010
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Virginia, 2010
- United States District Court, Western District of Virginia, 2011
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Michigan, 2011